Standing Committee on National Food Security and Research (NFS&R) Meets
Wednesday, 30th November, 2022
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY SECRETARIAT
The Committee condemned in the strongest words the misbehavior and abusive language use by Mr. Shahid Abdullah, Director Technical Department of Plant Protection (DPP) M/o National Food Security and Research during the meeting of the Committee. The Committee directed the Secretary, M/o NFS&R to immediately strong disciplinary action should be taken against him and a compliance report thereof be sent to the Committee at the earliest.
2. Islamabad 30th November, 2022: 27th meeting of the Standing Committee on National Food Security and Research (NFS&R) was held under the Chairmanship of Rao Muhammad Ajmal Khan, MNA, in the Committee Room of PARC, near NADRA Headquarter, Islamabad.
3. The Committee expressed concern over the statement and misbehavior of the representative of APSA used against the Ministry in the meeting and condemned his attitude which was termed against the decorum of the meeting.
4. The Committee deferred the Matter regarding Ayub Agriculture Research Institute, Faisalabad and Proposal of Provincial Government for declaration of “Bahawalpur Agriculture Research Institute as a Secretariat of South Punjab” (moved by Raja Riaz Ahmad, MNA and Mian Riaz Hussain Pirzada, MNA) till its next meeting.
5. The Committee deferred the Started Question No. 132 (moved by Sheikh Fayyaz Ud Din, MNA) and Started Question No. 105 (moved by Dr. Mahreen Razzaq Bhutto, MNA) and also Calling Attention Notice No. 09 (moved by Mr. Mohsin Nawaz Ranjha, MNA) due to the non-presence of the Movers till its next meeting.
6. MNAs, Mr. Riaz ul Haq, Mr. Ahmad Raza Maneka, Ch. Faqir Ahmed, Syed Javed Ali Shah Jillani, Mr. Kamal Ud-din, and Federal Minister of NFS&R and senior officers/officials from the Ministry of NFS&R, Ministry of Climate Change and Department of Plant Protection attended the meeting.