Standing Committee On Inter-Provincial Coordination Meets
Wednesday, 17th August, 2022
Islamabad; 17th August, 2022 The Standing Committee on Inter-Provincial Coordination met this morning in Parliament House, Islamabad under the Chairmanship of Mr. Nawab Sher, MNA to discuss the performance of the M/o IPC and its attached departments.
2. The Committee highly appreciated the performance of Pakistani Athletes for winning 02 Gold, 03 Silver & 03 Bronze Medals in recent Common Wealth Games. The Committee also appreciated the announcement of Cash Prizes of Rs. 50, 20 & 10 Lac to the Gold, Silver & Bronze Medals respectively which would encourage them to continue their sports activities and help to promote sports culture in Pakistan as well. The Committee however, directed that M/o IPC may hold meeting with respective government functionaries of all provinces to groom talent of Pakistani Players at gross root level especially Schools & Colleges level so that they could compete with International Players.
3. The Committee expressed its grave concern over the poor performance of Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) as the ranking of Pakistani Hockey Team declined from 06 to 18 out of 20 in the world due to lack of dedication and mis-management of the previous management of PHF. The Committee therefore, unanimously passed a Resolution that Hon. Prime Minister of Pakistan being Pattern in Chief may appoint a Senior Technocrat to ensure transparency in the upcoming elections of PHF so that Pakistan Hockey could advance in a prompt way. Moreover, third party audit of PHF may also be conducted to check the financial irregularities made by the previous management so that culprits could be penalized accordingly.
4. The Committee also expressed concern over the non-cooperative and irresponsible attitude of the officials of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) as they were unable to satisfy the Committee with their answers. The Committee therefore, decided to hold its next meeting in Lahore to discuss the overall performance of PCB.
5. The Committee while sharing the proposals for the revival of Pakistan Hockey with Ex-Olympians had directed that they might submit a summary to the Committee to remove deficiencies in the existing system so that Committee could take them at appropriate forum for their amicable solution.
6. Earlier, Federal Minister & Secretary for IPC briefly apprised the Committee about the efforts made by them to promote sports and tourism in Pakistan and problems faced by them in this regards.
7. The meeting was attended by Ms. Wajiha Qamar, MNA, Syeda Nosheen Iftikhar, MNA, Ch. Zulfiqar Ali Behan, MNA, Rana Mubashir Iqbal, MNA, Ms. Nasiba Channa, MNA & Ms. Mahreen Razzaq Bhutto, MNA, Syed Mehmood Shah, MNA and senior officers of the concerned Ministries/departments.