NA Standing Committee on Finance and Revenue Meets
Wednesday, 1st December, 2021
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY SECRETARIAT
Islamabad, the 1st December, 2021: 66th meeting of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Finance and Revenue held today at 02:00 p.m., in Committee Room No. 7, Parliament House, Islamabad, under the chairmanship of Mr. Faiz Ullah, MNA.
2. The Committee discussed the Federal Government Properties Management Authority Bill, 2021 (Ordinance No. XV of 2021). The Hon. Members expressed concern on the objectives of the Bill. The Committee recommended that Ministry of Finance and Revenue will obtain the views/comments of the Ministry of Planning, Development and Special Initiatives, as to whether they had received any input by the concerned stakeholders i.e Ministry of Housing and Works, Ministry of Privatization, Ministry of Maritime Affairs and all other stakeholders in this regard. The Committee decided that said Bill will be discussed in the next meeting of the Committee.
3. The Committee discussed the problems being faced by the Business Community due to obscurity regarding the implementation of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Act, the role of Law & enforcement agencies in this regard and directed the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) to look into the matter for facilitating the business Community.
4. The Committee expressed displeasure on the absence of Senior Members of Board of Revenue of Government Punjab and Sindh, and directed that displeasure notices should be issued to them by the Secretary Committee. The Committee deferred the agenda till its next meeting.
5. The Committee discussed the agenda regarding issues being faced by the construction sector due to the higher value of taxation on raw materials. The Committee directed the Chairman, FBR to resolve the issue of steel industries.
6. The Committee deferred the following Bills due to a shortage of time till its next meeting:
i. The Modaraba Companies and Modaraba (Floatation and Control) (Amendment), Bill, 2021;
ii. The State-Owned Enterprises (Government and Operations) Bill, 2021;
iii. The Fiscal Responsibility and Debt Limitation (Amendment) Bill, 2021;
iv. the Export-Import Bank of Pakistan Bill, 2021.
7. The meeting was attended by the hon. Members of the Committee namely Makhdoom Syed Sami-ul-Hassan Gillani, Mr. Jamil Ahmed Khan, Mr. Faheem Khan, Dr. Ramesh Kumar Vankwani, Mr. Ahsan Iqbal Chaudhary, Chaudhary Khalid Javed, Dr. Nafisa Shah, Mr. Abdul Wasay MNAs, besides the senior officers from M/o Finance and Revenue, SECP, FBR, and State Bank of Pakistan and M/o Law and Justice.